New Music Monday (With An Old School 4th Of July Tribute)

I was this close to putting a playlist of throwback tracks that I've recently acquired. Because, apparently, I'm the only person on the face of the earth that hadn't heard "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters.

Instead, I've got a different kind of throwback tribute at the end of this post.

Here are the new tunes that caught my ear over the last week.
  1. She Got A Friend by Gucci Mane feat. Juelz Santana and Big Boi
  2. Pay Up by Killer Mike
  3. Without Me by Young Buck feat. 8Ball & MJG
  4. I Know Your Name by The Alchemist feat. Lil' Wayne & Travis McCoy (from Gym Class Heroes)
  5. You're Not My Girl by Ryan Leslie
  6. Gotta Get Mo by Paul Wall (nice production by Travis Barker ... yes, the Blink-182 drummer)
  7. Plane In The Air by Erk The Jerk feat. Too Short
  8. Gangsta by Maino feat. B.G.
  9. Successful by Drake feat. Trey Songz
  10. The Life by Willy Northpole feat. Ne-Yo
Finding 10 songs worth downloading this week was pulling teeth. To be honest, some of these tracks really are borderline acceptable. For example, "Successful" by Drake was a track that has been in my rotation for a while, but I noticed I had not posted it anywhere, so I thought it was a good time. Also, Too Short's appearance makes "Plane In The Air" a likable track. But other than the debut of Drake's video for "Best I Ever Had," which came to many harsh reviews, it's been a "meh" week in music.

And to top off your 4th of July weekend, here's the Team USA video tribute to Marvin Gaye's singing of The National Anthem.


0 comments:

Post a Comment