Anyone can be a father, but...


... it takes someone special to be a dad. A wise man once told me that. That wise man is pictured on the far right, next to the obnoxious, self-centered kid with the green shirt and Cubs shoes.

That man on the right, well, he basically taught me everything I know. I'd bore you by listing the many, many things I learned from him. Everything from baseball, beer-brats, tying ties, style, music ... I'm not joking ... it would be a lengthy list.

And while some of you might think the most important thing he taught me involves my mastery of the grill and my ability to make that damn good fried chicken, I am convinced the most important thing he taught me was how to be a man.

Thanks for everything, Papa Roy!

And since this is my daily playlist blog, here are 10 songs I know that both he and I like.
  1. Practice What You Preach by Barry White
  2. Hot In Herre by Nelly (Yes, Papa Roy did buy the Nellyville album)
  3. Have You Seen Her by The Chi-Lites (Papa Roy grew up with these guys, true story.)
  4. Brick House by The Commodores
  5. Easy Like Sunday Morning by Lionel Richie
  6. You'll Never Find by Lou Rawls
  7. I Feel Good by James Brown
  8. Summer Madness by Kool & The Gang
  9. Just Like Music by Erick Sermon feat. Marvin Gaye
  10. Shining Star by Earth Wind & Fire (Papa Roy is a big fan of "The Elements")

0 comments:

Post a Comment