Movie Madness: Current Summer Faves

Alright, so I'm headed out to the theaters to go see "The Hangover" with a few pals down here in Carbondale. It's a very comfortable evening in Saluki Country, perfect conditions to roll your windows down and turn your stereo up.

My current mood makes me want to put together a playlist of recently released music. So here is your first playlist of some of my current faves.

  1. D.O.A. (Death of Autotune) by Jay-Z - Hov's newest track produced by Kanye West and mentor No ID has a funky beat and the best rapper alive on it. What else could you ask for?
  2. Walking On The Moon by The Dream (featuring Kanye West) - This will likely be one of my favorite summer tunes because of its uptempo sound and a solid guest spot by Ye.
  3. Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis - Thank the Chicago Blackhawks for exposing me to this great track. This is the song the Hawks play after they score a goal, not to mention a song I love to drive to.
  4. OK, You're Right by 50 Cent - Fitty doesn't do much right in my eyes, these days. He really hasn't been good since his debut album other than "I Get Money" and "Ayo Technology" off his last album. This track features great production from Dr. Dre.
  5. Kinda Like A Big Deal by The Clipse (featuring Kanye West) - Last I heard, there will be a music video for this and my hope is that Clipse can be carried by Kanye back to mainstream stardom. This duo is too good to be mixtape fodder.
  6. Day N Nite by Kid Cudi - Also known for its appearance on NBA Live '09, Cudi's first big jam is a must have. Add it to your iTunes immediately!
  7. Don't Trust Me by 3Oh!3 - A guilty pleasure of mine (you'll find a lot of those as this blog progresses). It's just so odd and catchy, that it is strangely likeable.
  8. When We by Fly Union - I'm hoping this song gets some more mainstream play because I like its sound. This track uses a classic soul sample made famous by Just Blaze and Kanye West.
  9. Top Drop by Slim Thug and Paul Wall - It's not officially summertime until Paul Wall spits about shiny cars and his newest grill. This has a nice chopped and screwed chorus with Slim Thgga riding the beat as smooth as a ride in a Maybach.
  10. Come On Get Higher by Matt Nathanson - Nathanson comes highly recommended because of his mellow grooves. Sometimes there is a need to put the whip in cruise control and drive slow. This is one of those songs.
What are you waiting for? Get these songs in a playlist and let's ride out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment