The Five Folks You Meet On A Road Trip

Not too long ago, I came across mademan.com, a Web site that caters to my interests of wit and pretty girls. A couple of my favorite posts include the seven lies told in romantic comedies and the nine mistakes you make with your lady friend. (Ed. note: Only nine? Really? I'm sure I've made more) Anyway, their most recent linkage involves their version of an ultimate road trip playlist.

Upon further review of the track listing, I felt as if something was missing. Oh yeah, that something is called variety. See, when you go on a road trip, you encounter a variety of musical tastebuds, each wanting to be represented and satisfied.

Trust me, I've been there before. When I was Daily Egyptian sports editor, I had as many as four passengers in my ride on trips to cover games. With Carbondale being the epicenter, we've gone as far west as Springfield, Mo., as far east as New York City, as far south as Memphis, Tenn., and as far north as Evanston, Ill. So it goes without saying that as the driver in each of those (and many other ) road trips, I had to have a good mix of music in order to keep everyone happy.

For the next few days, you will meet each of these road trip partners and the playlist that accompanies them. Until then, I'll leave you with what the L.A. Times music blog called the song of the summer by an artist who will get a blog of his own tomorrow.

Drizzy!


Watch dance videos and dance lessons at DanceJam.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment