Illinois Best Chicken?


It is a 1 hour, 24 minute, nearly 63-mile drive that I try to make every week.  All for $5 chicken.  It's not Popeyes, KFC or Churches.  It's better than that.  The only chicken that rivals it (that is not home made) is Harold's Chicken in Chicago.  I'm a homer like that.  In any case, Bottom's Up provides an entire whole chicken for $5.  I usually swap the thighs for an extra set of breasts.  That's just how I roll.  They also serve up $1 domestic bottles of beer.

Chicken and beer.  It's like a Ludacris album without hoes in different area codes.

It's a weekly tradition to go to Bottom's Up in Neunert, Ill., with a gang of people.  Recently, they've been getting a lot more people which is good for their business and bad for my stomach.  But believe me, it is worth the wait.

Video via Julia Rendleman and siuDE.com.  Check out Julia's blog here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment